6.24.2007

My first baby blanket (for a friend)

Above is the baby blanket I knitted for my friend Maggie. She's having a baby at the end of July. They don't know if it's a boy or girl, so I tried to keep the colors neutral without using yellow, a color I don't like. I love the way it turned out. I also made the card. I found this really cute stamp store and bought a baby stamp. I think I'll probably use it quite a bit in the future. It makes me feel old to think about Maggie, who lived in the dorm room next to me my freshman year, having a baby. But it gives me an excuse to spend time on fun projects!

3 comments:

Justin and Kate Mills said...

That is adorable, Linds! Well done in avoiding yellow yet still being neutral. I think it'll be cute for either a boy or a girl. I'll have to send you pictures of my toy blocks once I'm done. How appropriate that you're finished with a month left, and I'm still going even though our friends had the baby last week...

Allison said...

It's awesome. When/if I get back to the States we will have to have a knitting circle of two. ... I am vaguely reminded of another club of two we may or may not have had at some other time...

Ruth said...

Beautiful baby blanket! Wow, I can't believe we're already at the "baby stage" with friends!!!