11.26.2007

waiting


The Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year. Traffic, lines at the airport, and flight delays are all expected. You prepare yourself to wait and wait and wait some more.
I was shocked yesterday to find myself not waiting for anything. There was no line to check-in for my flight. I didn't have to wait to check my bags. I breezed through security in less than five minutes. After descending on the escalator, the airport train was there waiting for me and I walked right on. I boarded my plane without waiting in line. When I arrived in Seattle, my bags were among the first to come off the belt and they came out shortly after I arrived at the carousel. It was by far my easiest Thanksgiving trip. Even easier than normal trips at non-busy times.
I did have to wait once. There was a line for cabs at the Seattle airport. But even that wait was less than 10 minutes.
I had my patience all prepared and saved up for my travel yesterday. I guess I'll have to find somewhere else to use it...

0 comments: