4.23.2007

This is My Father's World

"This is my Father's world,
O Let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world;
The battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
and earth and heaven one."
The wrong has seemed "oft so strong" to me quite a bit lately. Death is everywhere. It comes in forms of evil and violence with school shootings, genocide, and roadside bombs. It comes in freak accidents like a jogger who was hit by a car while running on a sunny Saturday morning and the Blue Angel pilot whose plane crashed when his wing touched a tree. I'm convinced that there is no comfort for us unless we realize the truth in the above stanza of the hymn 'This is My Father's World'. The death and wrong around us doesn't make sense unless we acknowledge that God is the Ruler and this is His world. And we have the amazing truth that God is going to renew this broken and fallen world.

0 comments: