4.10.2006

Pink

I met a woman yesterday. Her name is Pink. She lives in a nursing home on the upper east side of Manhattan. She was wearing an outfit that was all pink. When I asked her if that was her favorite color, she said, "Not really, since it is my name and all." Pink is originally from Canada, but has lived in New York "for years and years and years". I asked her if she has family in the area and she told me that she doesn't really have any left since she is 99 years old. I met Pink at the Palm Sunday service that my church put on at the nursing home. A group of volunteers leads the service once a month. Pink sat attentively in her wheelchair the entire service with a big smile on her face. She said the service is what she looks forward to all day and all week. Meeting Pink yesterday was the highlight of my day as well.

0 comments: